Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

Bib's LOT Theory 101

Bib's LOT Theory 101

Note: Since this was written, LOT theory has been largely refuted. Should you pay attention to LOT theory? If nothing else it is an important part of PE history and spurred discussion. If you read this, it’s sensible to also read the alternate views. If nothing else, you will gain a better understanding of anatomy.

Defining Bib’s LOT Theory:
The LOT Theory is based on an apparent correlation between LOT, which is an acronym for Loss Of Tugback, and length gains.

The theory states that:
Individuals with a high LOT will most likely experience quicker and easier gains than individuals with a low LOT. Stretching or hanging at low angles accomplishes this, BTC hanging being optimal, to stretch the ligaments that are tight, short, or high. Individuals with a low LOT will most likely realize slower and less gains as a result of the ligaments being loose, long, or low. Individuals with a low LOT benefit most by hanging or stretching at high angles, which will place the stress on the tunica, rather than on the penile ligaments.

Note on ligaments: The two ligaments on the penis are the fundiform ligament (represented by the dark lines at the base of the penis in the diagrams) and the suspensory ligament (represented by the light lines at the base of the penis in the diagrams). To see a representation of these two ligaments in a relaxed, non-stretched state refer to diagrams: lig_so_relax.jpg and lig_down_relax.jpg

Main Idea
High LOT: Quicker and easier gains by stretching or hanging at low angles. LOT will decrease as the ligaments are stretched.
Low LOT: Slower and harder gains by stretching or hanging at high angles. LOT will increase as the length of the tunica catches up with the ligaments, so to speak.

See diagram lig_down_stretch.jpg to visualize what is happening inside of the penis while stretching or hanging low. Notice the ligaments absorbing much of the stretch.

See diagram lig_up_stretch.jpg to visualize what is happening inside of the penis while hanging or stretching high. Notice that the ligaments are not being stretched, that the force of the stretch is being absorbed by the tunica and other penile tissue.

Determining LOT
Remember, LOT means Loss Of Tugback. One’s LOT is the point at which the tugback is lost.

LOT is determined by stretching the flaccid penis in a way that it is taut, but not so much that it will hinder the penis from being pulled back into the body when kegeling.
While holding the penis in this light stretch, point the shaft straight up and kegel. The penis experiences a visible tugback. This straight up position is a 12:00 LOT, according to the LOT clock. See diagram lot_clock.jpg

Visualize a LOT clock around the penis while standing sideways to a mirror so that the penis is parallel with the surface of the mirror. Grasp the penis and perform and hold a light stretch, being sure not to pull so tight that the tugback will be hindered when kegeling. Position the penis so that it is pointing straight up, that is, at 12:00. Begin kegeling and slowly moving the penis down, watching in the mirror. While kegeling over and over again and lowering the penis, observe closely for the moment that the tugback stops. Visualize the LOT clock, the direction in which the penis is pointing when the tugback is no longer visibly noticeable is the LOT for that penis. Looking at the LOT clock diagram provided, imagine that the penis stopped being pulled back into the body while pointing at 9:00. The LOT for that penis is 9:00, just as it is in the diagram. If tubback is lost between 7:00 and 8:00, then the LOT is 7:30.

When determining LOT, it is important to go by sight, not feel. Ignore the flexing felt in the body. Watch the penis, when tugback is no longer seen with the eyes the LOT has been found.

Applying LOT Effectively

When LOT is 9:00-12:00, potential for quick and easy gains from low hanging and stretching is optimal.

When LOT is 8:00-9:00, potential for quick and easy gains from low hanging and stretching is enough to exploit; however, checking for changes in LOT should be practiced, as the LOT decreases as the ligaments are stretched.

When LOT is 7:00-8:00, potential gains from low hanging and stretching is minimal. Low hanging and stretching should be coupled with high hanging and stretching.

When LOT is 6:00-7:00, potential gains from low hanging and stretching is low enough to ignore ligament stretching. Focus should be placed on stretching the tunica by high angle stretching and hanging.

See: Bib’s Lot Theory for Bib’s original thread.

lig_so_relax.webp
(13.2 KB, 6253 views)
lig_down_relax.webp
(13.1 KB, 5348 views)
lig_down_stretch.webp
(8.6 KB, 5129 views)
lig_up_stretch.webp
(4.7 KB, 5131 views)
lot_clock.webp
(5.9 KB, 8753 views)

"Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty". -Roland, in Stephen King's The Last Gunslinger

Last edited by westla90069 : 03-19-2004 at .

Thats pretty cool KOG. Nice pics.

-Still bitter the y2k bug was a dud.

-My dear boy, do you ask a fish how it swims? (No.) Or a bird how it flies? (No.) Of course not. They do it because they were born to do it...

Thanks, Tube. I thought it’d be nice for the newbies to have something simple and short to read.

Thanks Thunder. :) I told you I had something in mind with those pictures.

"Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty". -Roland, in Stephen King's The Last Gunslinger

Hey, notice how I can draw a pretty nice looking penis, but I can’t even get the 12 on the clock in the right spot. :D

Fantastic work KOG, very nice!! :up:

Good job KOG,

We’re gonna have to start calling you Professor with all these 101s :)

:up: Good stuff. Thank you.

Originally Posted by Insane_Man
Good job KOG,

We’re gonna have to start calling you Professor with all these 101s :)

Ha-ha, this is true. I’ve always associated “101” with simple. I’m hoping it’ll do the same thing to a curious newbie browsing the newbie forum for something helpful. And thank you for the good job compliment.

Thank you, too, hobby. :)

Great summary of a great theory!

01.01.04: 6.75" BP x 5.50" . . . . . Next Goal: 7.50" BP x 5.50" . . . . Pics

01.03.04: 7.15" BP x 5.50" . . . . . Ultimate : 8.00" NBP x 6.00" . . . . Progress Report

you the man kog - quality, concise bit of work for us all esp the newbies.

nice one fella!
WI

Thank you for that great post KOG. I didn’t have the time to read 130 posts in Bib’s LOT theory thread so this thread was just what I was looking for, with one post to summarize the whole theory clearly.

I have a question:
Is it possible to have a high erection angle and a low LOT? And if so, what types of streching exercises are recommended?

Cheers

make it happen, make it long, make it happen, make it fat, make it happen, make it hard, make it happen, make it last, make it happen, make it fast, make it happen, make it real, make it happen, make you feel, make it happen, make it happen, make it happen

Bitching, sir. Good writing to say the least. Very good digestion of longer works to the essentials. Are you planning a Kog’s Notes series for PE? If so I think you need an agent, have I mentioned I know all media and business very well?

“You see, I don’t want to do good things, I want to do great things.” ~Alexander Joseph Luthor

I know Lewd Ferrigno personally.

>>Is it possible to have a high erection angle and a low LOT? And if so, what types of streching exercises are recommended?<<

Yes, not only is it possible, but Bib’s survey showed that it’s fairly common. With a low LOT, you would want to work on stretching your tunica (the actual shaft as opposed to the ligaments that anchor the penis into the body) by stretching above your LOT. Stretching above your LOT keeps the focus of the pull on your tunica as opposed to being split between the ligaments and the tunica as you would be doing if you stretched below your LOT.

KOG, great post bro. Anything that helps new guys out AND eliminates questions that are repeated countless times is beneficial to the community. Rock on!

New to the place? Start here.

This is me in case you ever want to know what kind of psycho you're dealing with.

Thanks KOG. I got through high school thanks to Cliff Notes. Maybe I’ll make a bigger weenie with the help of KOG Notes.

Craig